Skanska is interested in soliciting in Good Faith with all DBE Subcontractors and Suppliers for the following project:
Enhanced Recharge In The Santa Ana River Basins-Phase 1B
Plans and Specifications are available through registering on our plan site at:
Requested scopes include, but are not limited to the following and should be based on the Contract and its amendments: Site Security, Traffic Control, Signs, Fence, SWPPP, Readymix, Concrete Removal, Saw Cutting, Clearing and Grubbing, Excavation, Riprap, Aggregate Base Course, Material Processing, Geotextile, Irrigation, Seeding, Testing & Inspection, Survey, Electrical & Instrumentation, Rebar, Trucking, Equipment Rental, Erosion Control, Reinforced Concrete Piping, Structural Concrete, Surveying, Slide Gates
Accepted Disadvantaged Business Enterprises specific to this project are:
• Entities owned and/or controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals as described by Title X of the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 7601 note) (10% statute), and Public Law 102-389 (42 U.S.C. 4370d) (8% statute), respectively;
• Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) - entities that are at least 51% owned and/or controlled by a socially and economically disadvantaged individual as described by Title X of the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 7601 note), and Public Law 102-389 (42 U.S.C. 4370d), respectively.
• Women Business Enterprise (WBE) - entities that are at least 51% owned and/or controlled by women.
• Small Business Enterprise (SBE);
• Small Business in a Rural Area (SBRA);
• Labor Surplus Area Firm (LSAF); or
• Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Zone Small Business Concern or a concern under a successor program
Certifying DBE Firms:
Under the DBE Program, entities can no longer self-certify, and contractors and sub-contractors must be certified at bid opening. Contractors and sub-contractors must provide to the CASRF recipient proof of DBE certification. Certifications will be accepted from the following:
• The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA)
• The Small Business Administration (SBA)
• The Department of Transportation’s State implemented DBE Certification Program (with U.S. citizenship)
• Tribal, State and Local governments
• Independent private organization certifications If an entity holds one of these certifications, it is considered acceptable for establishing status under the DBE Program
Requirements: Skanska is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is requesting quotes from all qualified subcontractors and suppliers. Skanska will assist qualified subcontractors, vendors, & suppliers in obtaining bonding, lines of credit, insurance, necessary equipment, materials and/or supplies. If you are a DBE Company, please provide your certification letter with your proposal. If you are a non-DBE, please indicate all lower-tier participation on your quotation as it will be evaluated with your price. In order to assist DBE subcontractors and suppliers, we will divide total requirements into smaller packages, tasks or quantities & establish delivery & construction schedules which will permit maximum participation when feasible.
Insurance requirements are Commercial General Liability (GL): $1M ea. occ., $1M personal injury, $2M products and completed operations agg. and general agg.; $1M Auto Liability; $5M Excess/Umbrella and $1M Workers Comp. Endorsements and waivers required are the Additional Insured End., Primary Wording End., and a Waiver of Subrogation (GL & WC). Other insurance requirements may be necessary per scope or RFP requirement. Subcontractors may be required to furnish performance and payment bonds in the full amount of their subcontract by an admitted surety and subject to approval by Skanska. Quotations must be valid for the same duration as specified by the Owner for contract award. Conditions or exceptions in Subcontractor’s quote are expressly rejected unless accepted in writing. Skanska is signatory to the Operating Engineers, Laborers, Cement Masons, and Carpenters Unions. Subcontractors must provide weekly, one original and one copy of all certified payrolls, including non-performance and fringe benefit statements if required by law or by the Prime Contract. All Contractors and Subcontractors must register with the DIR (Department of Industrial Relations) in order to bid on public works projects. Please include CSLB License Number and DIR Number on all quotes submitted.
Skanska is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Estimating Department: 1995 Agua Mansa Rd, Riverside, CA 92509
Phone: (951) 684-5360
Lead Estimator: Cody Crow Email: email@example.com