Is seeking qualified DBEs
1970 N. Redwood Rd.
Salt Lake City, UT 84116
Salt Lake City Department of Public Utilities - New Water Reclamation Facility Project - Early Work Package 2 - Solids Storage Pad and Temporary Heavy Equipment Storage Facility
Sundt/PCL, A Joint Venture
Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, UT
03/27/2020 at 14:00
Invitation to Bid -
Salt Lake City Department of Public Utility - New Water Reclamation Facility Project
Early Work Package 2 - Solids Storage Pad and Temporary Heavy Equipment Storage Facility
Project No.: 524905372
Sundt/PCL, a Joint Venture is accepting bids for the Early Work Package 2 - Solids Storage Pad and Temporary Heavy Equipment Storage Facility, defined in the Contract Documents and other associated parts of the work included as part Salt Lake City Department of Public Utilities New Water Reclamation Facility Project. The Project is generally described as new construction of a Water Reclamation Facility located at 1365 W 2300 N, Salt Lake City, UT 84116, as indicated in the Contract Documents.
Sundt/PCL, a Joint Venture, is seeking and encouraging qualified, disadvantaged business Enterprises (DBEs) for all areas as listed below.
It is anticipated this project will receive funding from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (WIFIA) loan program. As such, an entity who wants to be considered as a DBE must meet the requirements of Title 40 Part 33 - Participation by Disadvantaged Business Enterprises in United States Environmental Protection Agency Programs and be certified by EPA as a qualified DBE. Qualified DBEs must complete Section 4.0 MBE/WBE/DBE/DVBE/HUB Participation on Attachment 2_Scope Bid Form.xlsx. Sundt/PCL will verify certification through the Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) Small Business Vendor Profile System (SBVPS).
The participation goals for Minorities and Females are established as a percentage participation rate, expressed in percentage terms for the Sundt/PCL aggregate workforce in each trade on all construction work. The Goals for Females is a nationwide goal of 6.9%. The Goals for Minorities for the "economic area" of the Salt Lake City-Ogden, UT covered area and is 6.0%.
Goals for minority participation for each trade Goals for female participation in each trade
ALL entities are expected to comply with the federal regulations pursuant to WIFIA loan program requirements referenced in Addendum TBD. Several of these federal regulations include, but are not limited to:
a. Davis-Bacon Wage Requirements
b. American Iron and Steel (AIS) Requirements
c. Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Requirement
d. Federal Nondiscrimination, Civil Rights, and EEO Requirements
e. Federal Lobbying Restrictions
* Disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) means an entity owned or controlled by a socially and economically disadvantaged individual as described by Public Law 102-389 (42 U.S.C. 4370d) or an entity owned and controlled by a socially and economically disadvantaged individual as described by Title X of the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 7601 note); a Small Business Enterprise (SBE); a Small Business in a Rural Area (SBRA); or a Labor Surplus Area Firm (LSAF), a Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Zone Small Business Concern, or a concern under a successor program.
Debarment and Suspension, Executive Order 12549, 51 FR 6370, February 21, 1986
Contractor certifies that it will not knowingly enter into a contract with anyone who is ineligible under the 40 CFR Part 32 to participate in the Project. Suspension and debarment information can be accessed at http://www.sam.gov. Contractor represents and warrants that it has or will include a term or conditions requiring compliance with this provision in all of its subcontracts under this Agreement.
All contractors who anticipate working on this project must be registered with htttp://www.sam.gov prior to receiving a contract on this project. Sundt/PCL respectfully requests that you register prior to submitting a bid.
The following are scopes associated with this Work Package:
1. Ancillary project controls and work as defined in the General Conditions and Division 01 specifications not explicitly listed below.
2. Clearing and grubbing, site preparation, asphalt and concrete demolition, and general construction area preparation.
3. Demolition and removal of existing conflicting utilities and associated utility relocations.
4. Foundation and soil preparation.
5. Construction of a Biosolids Storage Pad.
6. Construction of a Temporary Heavy Equipment Storage Facility.
7. Startup and commissioning activities associated with the Biosolids Storage Pad and Temporary Heavy Equipment Storage Facility.
8. Construction of ancillary utilities supporting the Biosolids Storage Pad and Temporary Heavy Equipment Storage Facilities including, but not limited to power, drains, non-potable water, surveys, and documentation.
Bids are due no later than 2:00 PM MST, March 27, 2020. Bidding documents can be obtained by contacting Sundt/PCL at email@example.com. Procedures for submitting bids, claiming an error, withdrawal of bids and other pertinent information are contained in the Instructions to Bidders. Sundt/PCL and Owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
Please contact Tom Auay-Fuay at firstname.lastname@example.org to request plans/specs, bonding
How to get in touch
1970 N. Redwood Rd.
Salt Lake City, UT 84116